Saturday, November 04, 2006

Teoh Bian Lee (9/2/1925-2/11/2006)

dear everyone,

I'll be going back to Malaysia this Sunday. My grandfather just passed away Thursday morning at 8 am in the nursing home he has been at since the 2 operations he had over a couple of months ago. My dad said he woke up, asked for his Milo, asked for a shower, asked for a clean shirt. They turned him over, he took his last breath and he died. So it was a peaceful death. My dad was at the police station when I called him, getting clearance to get Ah Kong's body out of the nursing home. He sounded calm as usual but towards the end when I asked him how he was, whether he was okay, he didn't really answer me. My bro told me that when my dad got the news in the morning, he rushed up to tell my bro who had just gotten out of the shower and his face was red. My dad doesn't show much emotion but I know he's broken inside. When I first left for Australia, Ah Kong was crying, i was crying, my mum was crying...and i thought my dad wasn't. But when I hugged him, I heard this choking sound and i knew he was sad.

I was at work when I got the call. Just got back from lunch outside with my workmates. I saw "Private Call", and it was my bro. He was calling from his mobile phone (and i'm sure he's on Prepaid), and i was wondering why. And he said he was about to go for an interview. ANd I thought, wow..he must have something serious to tell me to be calling me at that time. But I didn't expect that.

I'm actually missing the memorial as I write this. Ah Kong...his body is lying in a coffin in his house and i know people are coming to see him. My maternal grandparents are also coming. TOmorrow's the funeral and then, he's going to be cremated as he wished. But i'm not going to be able to ever see his body ever again physically. I wished I could have gotten an earlier flight, i should have just taken a damn bus back from Singapore instead of waiting for a better connecting flight.

anywayyssss

i'm okay, so don't worry. Doesn't seem real...

too many deaths this year

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

My condolences to you & your family. I believe your Ah Kong knows that you are missing him. He will always be living in your memory. Take care.

Sze Wen said...

thanks stephie
u take care too :)