Thursday, November 23, 2006

Movie: "I Not Stupid"



Last year, I watched the first movie (I think made in 2002) and I just recently finished watched the second movie. They're not related but the ultimate aim of the stories is the same.
The movie looks at how Singaporean families are like these days.
For eg., the rich family. Both parents are career people and because of that, their children are neglected. They spend more time at work, and they get easily frustrated with their children.
Anyway, I found the movies so funny at times, and also so sad at times. The parents love their children but they show it in different ways, ways that can be so detrimental. It made me feel for the poor kids, and tell myself I never want to be that kinda parent.
But it's always the case that we see that we don't want to be like that, or we're not like that. But when we examine ourselves, we are actually treating our kids in a similar way.
Great movie.!! i loved it :)
and it doesn't just reflect how some Singaporean families are like, but also how a lot of Asian families are like these days.

No comments: