At this moment, I feel like I just discovered something...I feel like "Wow" !!~
I was just surfing the net for some ideas of something and I stumbled upon a song we've been singing at church. And I realised that song + other familiar songs were written by Stuart Townend, a British Christian song writer and leader. I've seen his name plenty of times at the credits section at the end of the lyrics we sing...but the name didn't mean anything to me. And then, now I'm googling more about him and seeing all the other songs he wrote & even youtubing them.
I was just surfing the net for some ideas of something and I stumbled upon a song we've been singing at church. And I realised that song + other familiar songs were written by Stuart Townend, a British Christian song writer and leader. I've seen his name plenty of times at the credits section at the end of the lyrics we sing...but the name didn't mean anything to me. And then, now I'm googling more about him and seeing all the other songs he wrote & even youtubing them.
Songs he has written:
Give thanks (such a classic), In Christ Alone, How deep the father's love for us, Beautiful Saviour (not the same song I was referring to a few posts ago)...
I love these songs - hymn+contemporary feel to it..but with such deep rich and meaningful words that are gospel-centred.
It's amazing huh...to get these "ah-hah" feelings..
well this one wasn't such a big deal..he's just a person but it was still wow nonetheless. To me anyway.
I felt like this (even more so ) in the middle of the week as I was preparing for Sunday school with another friend. We were reading Matthew and kept going away to other parts of the Bible from the main topic we were supposed to prepare. But it was amazing...just discussing and seeing the depth and richness of the analogies and thinking even more what the Kingdom of God means. I don't know how to explain it now..but I felt like I just saw...like, "how come I didn't see this before??"
Sometimes I feel like the Bible is just a regurgitation of things I know and I'm hearing again and again...but the good news of the Bible is indeed really really deep...and rich.
All right...just thought i'd blog! need to get my laundry out of the washing machine and hang them up. It's a BEAUTIFUL warm sunny day today!! Nice and warm as I was walking outside just now...what am I doing inside now?? ...I can just see the lovely blue sky outside my bedroom window right now with fluffy puffy white clouds floating about. And then I'm going to have some lunch - made some rice and gonna have some BBQ PORK MEAT by aunty left in the fridge for me...and then I'm going to go visit my grandparents @ my other aunty's place! they went to the flemington markets and bought boxes of really really cheap fruit and they're going to go inspect some properties too.
anyway..ok ...ta ta!
Give thanks (such a classic), In Christ Alone, How deep the father's love for us, Beautiful Saviour (not the same song I was referring to a few posts ago)...
I love these songs - hymn+contemporary feel to it..but with such deep rich and meaningful words that are gospel-centred.
It's amazing huh...to get these "ah-hah" feelings..
well this one wasn't such a big deal..he's just a person but it was still wow nonetheless. To me anyway.
I felt like this (even more so ) in the middle of the week as I was preparing for Sunday school with another friend. We were reading Matthew and kept going away to other parts of the Bible from the main topic we were supposed to prepare. But it was amazing...just discussing and seeing the depth and richness of the analogies and thinking even more what the Kingdom of God means. I don't know how to explain it now..but I felt like I just saw...like, "how come I didn't see this before??"
Sometimes I feel like the Bible is just a regurgitation of things I know and I'm hearing again and again...but the good news of the Bible is indeed really really deep...and rich.
All right...just thought i'd blog! need to get my laundry out of the washing machine and hang them up. It's a BEAUTIFUL warm sunny day today!! Nice and warm as I was walking outside just now...what am I doing inside now?? ...I can just see the lovely blue sky outside my bedroom window right now with fluffy puffy white clouds floating about. And then I'm going to have some lunch - made some rice and gonna have some BBQ PORK MEAT by aunty left in the fridge for me...and then I'm going to go visit my grandparents @ my other aunty's place! they went to the flemington markets and bought boxes of really really cheap fruit and they're going to go inspect some properties too.
anyway..ok ...ta ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment