Yeah. So true.
My workmate called this out from his desk to us last week. I didn't catch the author of that quote but it must have been from my workmate's igoogle page under his "motivational quote of the day".
He's gotten me kinda hooked on igoogle too...but i'm only hooked at work. The day I got hooked, I just spent some time creating my own igoogle page ie. background wallpaper, adding tabs like motivational quote of the day hahah, petrol prices, bible verses, Wikipedia search, news etc...It's prettyyy coool!
Anyway...
I finally visited a very very lovely friend from college and talked to her for a bit and she invited me to her church's service where she was going to give the talk the next day. So, yesterday morning, I went. It was not very far, just over in Maroubra Jct. It was a nice small church in the neighbourhood. There were not many people there that day as more than half were away at church camp. When I walked in, my friend was at the music keyboard and about to start leading the audience in singing and a young teenage girl was also on stage song leading and another older man (whom I realised later was my friend's dad who was visiting that weekend!). I saw a few youngish people walk in later..and I realised they were from college because the guy in the wheelchair was wearing his group college shirt. I don't know these people as they moved into college way after I had left, but I remember someone telling me recently about a Christian guy at college who had everything going for him in life, and one day became paralysed and everything just fell apart for him. I can't remember how or what happened. But seeing that wheelchair guy yday, I think it was him. I looked at my friend on stage and I was just reminded again what a beautiful person she is. Full of such real joy and contentment. Her love and dependence on God above anyone. And I'm not just saying this like some cliche. Her love for people. She is seriously a rarity. She willingly sacrifices her time for people. Even as I just walked into her room the day before when there was another person there and then I ended up hogging her time for about 20 minutes.
My friend gave the talk later on from Gal 3:21 (or 23) till 4:7. It was about the awesome privilege of sonship compared to being in slavery under the law. I thought it was a very biblical talk, very sincere, not intellectually complicated (as the audience is different) and it was very helpful in helping me understand.
I sat next to a Thai-looking girl who was actually Japanese and she was new too! she just walked in as she lived nearby and had wanted to come visit for a long time even though she goes to a big church near the city.
And at morning tea, I spoke to this old man and it was a nice chat. He told me he and his wife had been missionaries from 1987-1998 in Kenya. And we chatted for a bit.
I'm glad I went yesterday. And as my friend concluded in the talk, we might have our differences theologically etc etc...but we are united in Christ. And may we not let the differences overtake love towards each other.
My workmate called this out from his desk to us last week. I didn't catch the author of that quote but it must have been from my workmate's igoogle page under his "motivational quote of the day".
He's gotten me kinda hooked on igoogle too...but i'm only hooked at work. The day I got hooked, I just spent some time creating my own igoogle page ie. background wallpaper, adding tabs like motivational quote of the day hahah, petrol prices, bible verses, Wikipedia search, news etc...It's prettyyy coool!
Anyway...
I finally visited a very very lovely friend from college and talked to her for a bit and she invited me to her church's service where she was going to give the talk the next day. So, yesterday morning, I went. It was not very far, just over in Maroubra Jct. It was a nice small church in the neighbourhood. There were not many people there that day as more than half were away at church camp. When I walked in, my friend was at the music keyboard and about to start leading the audience in singing and a young teenage girl was also on stage song leading and another older man (whom I realised later was my friend's dad who was visiting that weekend!). I saw a few youngish people walk in later..and I realised they were from college because the guy in the wheelchair was wearing his group college shirt. I don't know these people as they moved into college way after I had left, but I remember someone telling me recently about a Christian guy at college who had everything going for him in life, and one day became paralysed and everything just fell apart for him. I can't remember how or what happened. But seeing that wheelchair guy yday, I think it was him. I looked at my friend on stage and I was just reminded again what a beautiful person she is. Full of such real joy and contentment. Her love and dependence on God above anyone. And I'm not just saying this like some cliche. Her love for people. She is seriously a rarity. She willingly sacrifices her time for people. Even as I just walked into her room the day before when there was another person there and then I ended up hogging her time for about 20 minutes.
My friend gave the talk later on from Gal 3:21 (or 23) till 4:7. It was about the awesome privilege of sonship compared to being in slavery under the law. I thought it was a very biblical talk, very sincere, not intellectually complicated (as the audience is different) and it was very helpful in helping me understand.
I sat next to a Thai-looking girl who was actually Japanese and she was new too! she just walked in as she lived nearby and had wanted to come visit for a long time even though she goes to a big church near the city.
And at morning tea, I spoke to this old man and it was a nice chat. He told me he and his wife had been missionaries from 1987-1998 in Kenya. And we chatted for a bit.
I'm glad I went yesterday. And as my friend concluded in the talk, we might have our differences theologically etc etc...but we are united in Christ. And may we not let the differences overtake love towards each other.
And truth. Truth in love.
But first, let me examine my own heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment