1st day back after a long weekend is usually such a drag...and even more so after an awesome church camp. If I had urgent work to do today, there would have been less time to daydream. Especially since I was sitting in front of the computer 3/4 of the time...usually makes me sleepy. But I did do work..., prepared myself (not completely) for the task tomorrow!
Work...I remember telling people I prefer working to studying. I still think I do (it's just more applicable and I learn faster than just studying and studying without much practical work & $$ comes in) but this work is definitely not what i want to do in say...3-4 years. Maybe I'll go back to Malaysia and do something else. And every time I look at a marketing or sales presentation, I just feel how manipulative and meaningless the words are...
I had some interesting conversations with one of my colleagues last week because I had to be in the same savoury lab as him working on some rice cakes. Working in that kinda environment again after a long time has made my chest phlegmy...and it still hasn't gone away because of all the powders that I have been inhaling no doubt. Anyway, he's an easy-going humble and hardworking former chef with a 6-month old baby girl and we got talking about different things from what we've been learning at church to funny things about how many "hearty beef" soups he had to make that he's never going to drink soup again to Christian beliefs and so on. It's great to just have a "like-minded" friend at work and I'm just thankful that our small team gets along pretty well and we try to help each other as much as we can.
Someone I know studied a 2nd degree for a year and went back to work again because he much prefers working and he feels that he's at this stage of his life that he should be working. I think I'm at the stage of my life where I should be working too because there's just so many other people to meet and interact with outside our usual circle. So many types of people, different ways of thinking whether they be white or yellow or black or brown. It's where you see the realities of the world more vividly..
No comments:
Post a Comment