This week at work we've been having training on beverages from our "beverage specialist" from our Singapore office. I must say, that I was trying my best to pay attention but sometimes, I got kinda sleepy during his long long lectures. Luckily, his powerpoint slides (which he saved on soft copy for us and even printed out&bound) are quite detailed. He was a goofy kinda looking 40+ yr-old "professor", who explains stuff quite detailed, and when u ask him a question, his answer is so long, I can get lost.
It was great to have more people in the lab, made the lab livelier! But you know, at the end of Friday, I did feel a little sad that he would be leaving us. He was kinda funny sometimes, and quite passionate about sharing all his knowledge with us. He prepared so much, and wanted to help us in every way. He'd explain the calculations step by step, explaining why and how it would be like in real factory situations.
Even though I never want to be like him, but he definitely inspired me and he made me think about how important it was to appreciate people. I might never hear him explain all the stuff again, people don't stay around forever. And no matter how much we have any thoughts about anyone, we just don't realise how much they are worth in the sight of God. How much life they have, or what they've gone through in their life.
One of my uni friends just works 10 minutes away from me, and her boss's dad (who started her company) used to work at my company a long time ago. Guess what? He died on Thursday night from a stroke. He has been quite sickly and my friend just spoke to him on Thursday during the day when he came into the office. It was kinda sad, I felt shocked. She's talked about him before, and sometimes about his son or his wife who still wants to work in the accounts dept even though she can be quite hard to work with.
People can come and go. People we see everyday at work, whom we just walk past with a quick hello coz we're so busy and absorbed in what we have to do. People we deal with but don't really know much about.
Check this out: http://www.makeadifferencemovie.com/
I've read it before in a forwarded mail, but my friend's mum sent it again, and it was a good reminder. Everyone has so much potential in them, and by believing in them, it's amazing how much a difference you've made to their life and amazingly, how much they've taught you and made a difference in yours.
Can you make a difference to every person you meet? that's the challenge
No comments:
Post a Comment