It's confirmed...i'm going to have to work this week. It's nice that tomorrow is a public holiday!! yipppeeeeeee.....coz it's the Sultan of Selangor's birthday (Selangor is the state I live in). Anyway i'm going to work 4 days this week and that's it. NO more. The lady I'm replacing is still on medical leave. After that, I have 2 weeks left of holidays and then I'm going back to Sydney on NYE coz i have to start work 2 days later...
Anyway, recent picture of my mum, sis and me:
Getting my mum to get in the photo was hard enough. She followed after her parent's weird superstition about not taking photos of only 3 people. Geez mann...it's always like this. How about if I want to take a photo with both my grandparents?? or if there were 3 kids in the family? Pretty illogical...anyway, i made her take the photo by throwing a bit of a fuss....it took me some effort just to put the camera in a nice position anyway!!
hahah...anywayss...i got the photo taken !! haha..
4 comments:
Sze Wen...! hello... :) how are you? you do a pretty good job of detailing your everyday life in your blog, i had to read 6 months' worth just to catch up! ;) Good to know that things are ok with you. I can really identify with some of the moody feelings that you get! Seems that I get them way more now too.. I know i could learn heaps from you, i'm still being a teenager and not liking my parents around the house too much.. Anyway.. you've got it wrong, I'm only graduating in 2 years' time. Following which I will have no holiday, so I can't see myself back in Malaysia in the next few years.. haha maybe after I get married :) Don't worry, you're definitely invited... And you'll probably have to be my runner and help me with lots of the preperation! See, i always make good use of my friends.. haha. I'm doing some research again this summer.. into my 6th week now and still 4 weeks to go. At least i'll have a 2 week break for Christmas and new year's. Planning a road trip for the family plus gil around that time too, it's really gonna eat into my savings! Nothing much else is happening... Hey you, you keep chugging off to taiwan and stuff but you haven't come to nz! Come come... Surely it's not expensive to fly from sydney.. if you come in june we can go skiing... not that i know how to, but yea.. :) Ok i better get back to work. You take care and oh ya, congrats on your grad! And for getting your PR too. Thanks for dropping a message off- Merry Christmas to you and your family!
-Cheng Yee
Hey,
What does the supestition mean? why is it bad to have 3 people only in a photo? I know that some people think taking a photo takes a bit of your soul away -which isn't true, but yeah, let us know!
Cheng Yee my friend,
good to hear from you =)
oh yeah, i forgot u took that one year out of ur medical degree to do research...hehee...sounds like u actually like research coz u're using ur summer to do more!!
anyway enjoy ur road trip and i'll think about june =P or whenever
michelle,
hmm..well, i asked my mum...she doesn't seem to really know. She says coz it's an odd number..She's heard bad things happen. It doesn't matter if she understands the reason or not or believe, but why let bad things happen?
i'll have to ask ah poh i suppose
will get back to u
Post a Comment