Guess what? I started work today as a receptionist at EPSON (Japanese company making printers, cartridges, scanners etc). But only for 3 days....unless she calls me next week to come in again.
It's my first time being a receptionist....and....it was so boring, especially when I didn't have calls to answer. Getting used to the switch board and transferring calls to all these people wasn't boring ...it took some time. One person even called up wanting to make a complaint to the head of Sales, and when I told him I'd refer him to Customer Service, he was like, what's the point? If something doesn't happen, he's just going to call the police.
Anyway, it was okay....if I was a permanent long-term receptionist, I'd make a lot of effort to get to know everyone's names, but since I'm only working for a very short time, I don't really have to learn a whole heap of other stuff as well. At the food company I work at in Sydney, we have the bestest receptionist. Her name is Odette and she is such a sweet friendly lady. She knows allllll our names....even "lowly" casual workers like me and my friends and she learned how to pronounce my name correctly without even being taught by me. And she says hello Sze Wen to me everytime and smiles.
Hearing all these computer products and problems is also a new thing to me. I don't like all these computer technicalities very much....don't even know about them very much.
Anyway, it was an overall not too difficult job even though it was so so so boring at times. Every time I do an administration kinda job, it reminds me again why I don't want to work an office job. Looking at the people in there....I don't want to work like that either...
okay...gotta jet...meeting Robyn, my roomate in Taiwan...she's here in KL!!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Temp job
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment