Looks like I might have to come in to work next week too because the usual receptionist might not come in. But we'll see.... hoping they won't call me actually haha...I miss my holidays.
Today wasn't too bad. I'm getting used to picking up and transferring calls and getting to know who more people are. And today I brought a book to read. Other stuff to do when there is nothing to do is to read all the forwarded emails, daydream, just write stuff and do more thinking. The HR person who taught me stuff said i could pass my time by maybe reading the newspaper or something....u know lahh how to pass time, she said. And u know, now i understand why i've seen receptionists with magazines in their drawers or reading a book at their desk.
And yeah, it's nice to smile at the receptionist. ..and say hello or bye to them. A little friendliness is nice. Since yesterday, there were some people coming in for interviews for managerial positions as well. Chatted to one yesterday and this man who came late this morning, after his one hour interview suddenly came up and asked my name and thanked me. Maybe the MD was behind him ...but it was a nice gesture.
Anyway, here is a photo of me with Noni and Boe.
Yeah, Boe actually came into the house...my father must have let her in. But miraculously she didn't bite off the Christmas ball decorations.
Noni.
She was from my grandfather's and guess what...she has given birth to 10 puppies before. But I like her the best...she's so small and cute and she stands on her hind legs and licks you gently and she's nice to touch. Not so hairy and salivary. And she doesn't jump up you so crazily like Boe.
No comments:
Post a Comment