I should have gone home but decided to walk towards the crowd. A poster on the door caught my eye and I went to read it. There was an event going on inside. Was I allowed to go in? 2 girls walked out and I made up my mind to check it out and no one stopped me as I took a seat. It was a talk by a very charismatic speaker to a large crowd. He delivered his stories in such a captivating way. Funny too. His talk appealed to the masses but the content was so incredibly shallow, I felt disappointed. Sickened maybe. Sad for the twisted truth. Yet knowing that I shouldn't be judgemental as I'm sure he was pretty sincere. Stayed till it was over and I don't know why but the VERY LOUD constant beat of the music at the end of the event was ringing in my chest. I had to clutch myself. Don't know if I'm getting old or what.
What a surprising unexpectation it was when I noticed a friend sitting on the same row whom I had just bumped into a couple of weeks ago. We ended up chatting for an hour or so outside in the cold about the whole thing. About life and what's been happening or happened. It was pretty deep but just really encouraging. Made me think through stuff. We are so complex; thoughts that run through our mind, our experiences and just who we are. Just one person can teach us so much.
My workmate inspired me to dream dreams today. How much our team can do to help our company achieve "world domination" hahah...something a uni friend liked to say. He has been going on about these ideas in his head and again suggested them as I sales-pitched a few drinks I had made up to a few of my workmates. Anyway, my point is, it made work seem really exciting and fun- so much to discover and explore...! Flower power!
What a surprising unexpectation it was when I noticed a friend sitting on the same row whom I had just bumped into a couple of weeks ago. We ended up chatting for an hour or so outside in the cold about the whole thing. About life and what's been happening or happened. It was pretty deep but just really encouraging. Made me think through stuff. We are so complex; thoughts that run through our mind, our experiences and just who we are. Just one person can teach us so much.
My workmate inspired me to dream dreams today. How much our team can do to help our company achieve "world domination" hahah...something a uni friend liked to say. He has been going on about these ideas in his head and again suggested them as I sales-pitched a few drinks I had made up to a few of my workmates. Anyway, my point is, it made work seem really exciting and fun- so much to discover and explore...! Flower power!
No comments:
Post a Comment