Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Decisions decisions...

yeah so I decided that i had to come back to Sydney ASAP to settle my visa issues, which I hope can be done in time. Fingers crossed and hearts slashed and wood touched. So I booked and confirmed today a ticket back this Sunday....so sooooon huh....I've just gotta bank in the cheque by tonight. It's always too little time left and i start realising it too late.

So this week, gotta do all the last minute stuff. For eg.. yesterday, i just got my passport renewed. Yeah i know, so last minute. The good thing is that it's ready by the next day. Ah Mah (dad's mom) got admitted into the hospital yesterday too....she fell down early in the morning and fractured her pelvic bone. Made me think of my mum's china plates cracking...eww....and the purple bruise on her right hand was so so so big and spread out. It was disgusting...i've just never looked at bruises so much before. And her blood pressure was just too high coz she's so worried all the time about every single thing. At a point in time, I felt incredibly sad just thinking that she would really depart us soon as she always says she has asked God to.

Old people just want to talk to people especially when they're lonely. Someone who listens and who speaks kind words back. Even if all they have done for many years is complain and complain and most of their family members are just so fed up. And then you discover that they could play the piano by ear when they were younger, even though with just one finger or still remember old songs like Bengawan Solo.

"bengawan solo....riwayatmu ini..."
As Mother Teresa so adequately puts it
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
We forget so easily but thank God for reminding us of this by His little ways.

No comments: