Monday, September 22, 2008

=(

Boe & Marshall

Yesterday morning, Marshall died.

I was talking to my mum on the phone last night. She was talking about something and something and then suddenly.. "By the way, Marshall died this morning"..and I was like, "WHATTTTTTTTT?????"

I think I raised my voice 2 notches higher then and then my mum went on for about 10+ minutes explaining what happened and reassuring me about it. I was really shocked and I felt extremely truly sad at that moment in time. 2 of our dogs passed away this year and it seems ironic that I had a very heartfelt cry over the dog I neglected the most. I'm okay now, so much so that I've forgotten how I felt yesterday.

Marshall wasn't brilliant..his hind legs were quite weak. I wished he was this and that.....

I think I felt really sad because it was totally unexpected. He wasn't even so old. At least with our other dog who died this year, we put her down because she was just so old and so in pain. Marshall died because of some viral lung infection or something. Last week he was just fine, then for the past few days he wasn't eating, was sleeping all day..and vet said last Saturday it was the viral lung infection and the next day at about 5 a.m., my sister said he walked out to the gate separating him and Boe who was sleeping there, he laid down and died. And Boe started howling. But that was then, she's forgotten he's gone, I think.

It made me think of people I neglect too, people I don't really desire to spend time with, especially people closer to me. If I can cry over animals, what more people?

The Lord gives and takes away. How do we know what will happen tomorrow except to trust God that whatever happens is according to his perfect and wise will. So rejoice and be contented with whatever happens every day, utilising full well our time and energy for His glory.

Goodbye Marshall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its always sad when your animals die. I know when Milo goes I will be upset for a long time.

hope your doing ok :)

Sze Wen said...

thanks michelle
don't worry, i'm ok.