Today we had an early mark and finished by 3.30pm - thank goodness. It started off good. We had one of the managers from Cadbury Schweppes (from yesterday) give us the first talk on Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) issues. I reckon it's usually quite a boring same old topic that people take for granted but his talk reminded me how important it is to have them in place wherever you work. Safety is very real and important. Even if you're a visitor to a place (supermarket, hospital, hotel)..do you know where to go if there was a real urgent evacuation? What if the emergency doors don't work?
He told us about someone he knew personally who died 2 years ago due to a work-related accident when someone accidentally pressed "start" on the forklift. At the funeral, the children questioned how this could have happened to their father.
Anyway, the talks after that were okay..most bordering on boring..or speakers just speaking too fast. And I'm not the only one who thinks so - the guy beside me was doodling and drawing away. I told him later on that I knew he found it boring =P coz i felt the same.
One thing i took away from this course - the amount of paper used to print out all the presentation slides for each talk for us!! Just using one side of the paper and sometimes just 2/3 slides per page and some slides just have no content you know. Like the last slide. "Question time".
But I did learn something from the whole course of course..and meet different people. So it was good! =) and got to break out of the routine of work.
okay, happy weekend!
and rain, rain, please go away!!
but thanks for washing my car =P
Friday, July 25, 2008
Day 3 It's a newspaper story till it happens to someone close to you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment