Today I had to drive out west about 30 km for a beverage course. It was like attending a whole day of lectures on different topics (9am-5pm)- and this is going to go on for another 2 days ..but tomorrow after lunch, we get to go visit the factory of Cadbury Schweppes - think this would be interesting! The lectures were ok, my concentration span dwindling after lunch. But honestly, I expected more from the last speaker since he was the technical manager of another huge beverage company. Maybe it's just me who thought he was mumbling, not pronouncing words loud and clear, speaking too fast, moving past slides so fast ...etc
Anyway, what I really enjoyed was meeting new people and just talking to them and being friendly. One lady working for a company I usually call to ask for fruit juice concentrates, when i asked her how many kids she had, our conversation led to her telling me she was going to celebrate her 25th anniversary soon - but to the 2nd marriage and we even talked a bit about how she knew her 1st marriage wasn't going to work out etc..and she's a grandmother at 53!
When I drove home, i tried to take all these back roads...was trying to remember the way my friend used to take 2 years ago whom I used to get a lift to work. I got lost a few times and ended up finishing the last leg on another route but it worked anyhow and I'm going to try again tomorrow! Getting lost at least helps me learn more roads.. =)
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
a bit of a Memory Lane - it comes back but moving on..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment