Saturday, August 11, 2007

Who do you admire the most and why?

I can't say I admire anyone the most...but someone I do admire is my friend's mummy. She is always so welcoming and smiling and so generous with what she has. She has gone through so much hardship after her husband left her and she had to raise 3 kids by herself but she didn't stop her ex-husband from her visiting rights. Times were tough, she had to move from being dependent to independent, English is not her first language but she stayed focussed on God. She has such a great heart and I was talking to her today at lunch at their church and she starts asking me if I have a boyfriend and I tell her my grandma asked me, my mum, my aunties..and even my ex-boyfriend's mum! And she's so funny, she starts telling me about this guy in their church and i turn to look. But I say...no way!! he's so old!! TOTALLY incompatible. =P Back at their house when my friend and her sister hear about this, they totally disagree with her, coz he's like 36! no wayyyy...We think he's better off with my friend's 34 year-old colleague/piano teacher. And their names both start with N. =P

It was great to catch up with my friend today and her family...they are always so welcoming. No matter the differences we may have in our Christian beliefs apart from our essential foundational trust in Jesus, God sees the heart. And they do have such lovely hearts.

After that, i went to catch my cousin's bf too coz he lives around the area and wanted to pass him a small pot from work which we didn't want anymore. It was great to catch up with him too, since according to him , i'm like his only "family" here. Bought some pasta and other stuff, and cooked pasta for dinner. He thought it was amazing and so easy to do - coz he thinks he sucks big time at cooking. In front of him, it appears like i'm a pro at cooking...but i'm not at all. SO he gets excited about cooking and stuff, and says "s0, are u free every saturday? ei serious.." He wants to cook more now too. Still have to introduce him to my aunties in Sydney - at least can meet more members of his "extended family" to-be. And I tell him about my aunty's even simpler but fantastic cooking.

It was a well-spent day, love spending quality time with people. But tired now...was watching the Simpsons with my cousin-in-law and i was literally falling asleep towards the end. Been sleeping late and waking up early on some days this week, that's why. Can sleep in tomorrow though....day off from kids church...yay!

G'night!

No comments: