Isn't it amazing how much you realise one person has gone through in life as you get to know him/her better? When you first meet them, they're just any person you see walking on the street except you get to know their name and some basic questions about themselves. Or even if they think they've led an ordinary life as they say, you still learn a lot from them from the way they think or live their life.
I was talking to someone I had just known for 2 weeks at work and we got into a conversation which led into her telling me she used to be very strange before, quiet, just into her studies and herself, but she changed after her mom got sick. I was surprised of course, coz she's not strange now at all but more so about her mum and she lowered the volume of her voice as she talked on a bit more. Her mum got breast cancer and she said she didn't want to think about it anymore. Awhile later, as we were sitting and having lunch, i asked her again how she was strange before. She continued to explain, even continuing the story about her mum and I saw her the corner of her eyes dilating. As she kept talking, she started to cry. This happened 6 years ago and thankfully her mum is still alive. I think her mum is still coping and I'm not sure how much she is suffering now.
It has been really nice getting to know her more and talking to her. She's got a great heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment