Josh's (our church pastor) twin daughters, Laura & Stephie came to help out today. They even brought some treats to share, "mice" which they made out of sugar, egg white, some colouring. They're turning 12 next week and they usually go to another church for Sunday School. Jordan, Josh's son comes to our kids' church though and including him, we have 5 kids in our class (4-7 yrs). There are more kids at creche (under 4 yrs).
Anyway, these girls are wonderful and they're really good with kids. Josh has brought his children up so well, and when I mentioned to him how good they are, he said they're good SO FAR. Don't know about later. But I think, he and Karen, his wife have been a great example of godly parenting coz I just see the fruits of their labour in their children.
These girls are pretty mature for their age. If you speak to them, they're polite, friendly and willing to talk to you. And when you see them with kids, you realise they can just run Sunday School all on their own. They're creative, adaptable to different situations, calm, know what to say to the kids who are not behaving or listening or sharing, know the importance of our lessons and reinforcing what we've learned....they just handled the kids really well.
I learned a lot from them today.
Little girls with amazing talent and big humble hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment