Monday, July 09, 2007

a full weekend of eating

It started on Saturday with a carbohydrate filled brunch with the girls (entree, mains and dessert), followed by afternoon tea and dinner at 3 different locations but it was so fun as I went along with SJ (church friend who stayed with me for a few days but went back to S'pore today). It was nice to have her with me even for a short while...nice to have a housemate! Now getting used to being on my own again.

Sunday was with Aunty Kim, and Aunty Yen and my cousin, Jessica. It was great. I love eating with them and spending time with them. It's just nice to be with family and this time, I'm feeling more mature. Before I was the one who was more looked after, but I'm beginning to want to look after them too. At lunch/dinner, they would put stuff on my place, but this time, I wanted to make sure they had enough. Do they need a lift? I can't wait to be able to drive my car on my own and get out of my NSW learner's licence.

Our conversations yesterday also involved people (Esp. old people) being admitted into hospital. Jessica's grandfather had to go to hospital yesterday morning coz he was having breathing troubles and high blood pressure, and Aunty Yen's friend's father is also in hospital and he has a WHOLE HEAP of problems. And other ppl are going into hospital too...And people dying in the news from this deadly flu. It makes me think that whenever I dwell on stupid self-pity, I seriously could use my time better on serving others and asking after people. There are just so many people to serve: family and non-family.

Yesterday's sermon at church was fantastic(preaching from Jude 17-25). I brought Aunty Yen along with me since it was at 4.30 pm, and we had time to spare till dinner.

I will forever remember this illustration. Jude 23 tells us that we need to look after others. Our fellow brothers and sisters who are playing with fire and starting to accept falsehood...we need to snatch them out of the fire as they are in danger of being alive. We don't kindly open the door, and ask them nicely "would u please wake up and kindly walk out the door?". We give them a few slaps on the face and shake them to get up and if they don't, we drag them out of the door and out of harm's way. Why? Because we love them. We care for them.

(Jude 23b)...Hate even the garment stained by the flesh.
Hate the clothes (the immoral lifestyle) but love the people who wear them.
Hate the sin, but love the sinner.

Because aren't we all sinners too.

No comments: