I was sleeping when my dad rang me on my mobile close to midnight 2 nights ago. First time in long time sleeping this early too. I hadn't spoken to him in awhile and honestly, i don't exactly enjoy speaking to him because he always talks about the same things. It's the way our relationship has been like as I've grown up, I suppose. But you know, I felt so rebuked as I was talking to him. Really felt how selfish I was to not regularly check up on how my family is back home, or how things are. Imagine this, in one week, we ourselves could accomplish so many things. If I don't speak to one family member in one week, i don't know a whole heap of stuff of what's happening in their lives. And I haven't spoken to them in maybe a month or something.
And so, my dad has recently returned from the US on this trip he went to with his biker friends....and I didn't even realise that he had gone!!!!!!!!! and when he mentioned it, i remembered he had told me at the beginning of the year and maybe a couple of months back.
And the worst news, my dad tells me Dr. Annuar called him to return earlier than planned because of Ah Kong (my paternal grandfather). Ah Kong went for an operation last Monday and i only knew that coz...my cousin told me on MSN. And he said the op went okay, so no need to worry and i didn't. So, I knew nothing else till my dad called 2 nights ago to say that Ah Kong is going for another op on Tuesday (yesterday). And the day after he had his first op, he had a stroke, his heart stopped and his kidney failed and he was placed in the ICU. And he has to go for a 2nd op coz his intestines are tangled up somewhere which is affecting his kidneys and his ability to pass motion.
Geez...
I called home yesterday evening but only Fe Che was home and she told me even more stuff, not so much the technical stuff, but how Ah Kong is, and how he was crying that he would not see yungyunghwahwa before he dies, that he is getting old, that everyone was at the hospital so so worried, stuff that happened when daddy was still away, the amount of tubes sticking out of his body, ....just stuff that made me so so sad.
My brother, Ching Yung then called my dad up. He was at the hospital and he said the op went okay, so my brother told me no need to worry. No need to worry for now, but will he still be alive when I actually go home to Malaysia, whenever that is before March?


My brother, Ching Hwa scanned these old photos in (He actually made an album out of the old photos my grandma gave us - not e-album!). My dad is the younger boy in the pic above. I love looking at these old pictures, especially the way my bro laid them out in the album. I see my dad smiling, with little bricks and other things in this little wheelbarrow thing he's holding and it makes me appreciate my dad more. I think my granddad was quite good-looking then? don't u think? I actually think both my grandfathers were pretty good-looking. hahah
Anyway, Yungyung has FINALLY gotten his PR application approved - whoopie!! He got notified by email last night. Mine is getting there...almost but not there yet. Coz we're on different PR visa types, I've got to do more stuff - my aunt actually, who's so kind to go through this hassle with me. My friend who is in the same boat as me, said her agent told her that my aunt goes for the interview next week, it'll take another month to assess everything!!!!
...and he bought a ticket today to go home on the same day as my other brother -- NEXT THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what am i supposed to do by myself????????? makes me want to go home too
both my brothers will be going to China anyway maybe in Sept/Oct...CY won this trip to CHina for 2 from these shares he has which my dad set up under his name....or something like that. Don't know nothing else. But he's also going back coz of Ah Kong and all that.
Also, haven't found a suitable place to move out yet. Can we move out before next Thursday?
anyways..
really wonder sometimes why i'm sticking around in Australia
No comments:
Post a Comment