Monday, May 22, 2006

The waiting game

If you'd like to know, my application for Australian Permanent Residency is still pending. It's going okay. I called the immigration office recently and the person I was speaking to said that they were currently looking at e-applications received on Feb 26th. How slow is that? I just lodged mine in before the middle of March. And thinking back, I got back to Sydney from Msia on March 5th or 6th.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone home to Msia at all until my PR thingie was finalised. A batch of people just got their PR application approved 2-3 weeks back after having lodged theirs in at the beginning of the year. But you know, even though this waiting game is taking a bit too long, I'm still glad I went back to Malaysia when I did. Imagine if I just got my PR like these friends of mine recently. Should I then go home now? I think I'd feel like I wished to start full-time work instead and the timing feels a bit off. I feel like I'm in the middle of some life and now I'd have to book a ticket to go home. Going home now would be kinda too late for me compared to earlier.

Anyway, so my brother and I are now waiting..

No comments: