Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Moses and the Day of Pentecost

The film "The 10 Commandments" was being shown on TV over the Easter weekend and I managed to catch bits of the 2nd half last night at Aunty Kim's place. It's really long and I always wanted to see it after my former Bible study leader mentioned having a movie night to see it about 2 1/2 years back. Anyway, the movie made me want to go read the Moses story properly. Never really did it before but I just sort of know the overall summarised version. Movies just help me to picture things properly and sort of understand their feelings at that time. I always sort of wondered why on earth did they build that ugly gold idol to worship so quickly and forget God while waiting for Moses to come down from Mount Sinai.
At church camp, we were reading one of the chapters in the Book of Acts and i realised i didn't know what the Day of Pentecost meant. I had to go on the Internet to read up on it which was interesting background information. Before i'd just read through the passage not understanding these little bits and pieces. They really make a difference in understanding the context of the passage.
I'm in the mood for some historical juice now.....History can be really interesting sometimes!

No comments: