Monday, March 06, 2006

Back in good ol' Sydney

It just feels like last week that I looked out the window. The time back home in M'sia now seems like a dream, a memory of the things I had done. I miss it though. Leaving M'sia is much harder than leaving Sydney but I love it both.

I think I will return to M'sia in the future to live permanently. Maybe I don't understand how hard the working conditions can be, how difficult it is for non-Malays or how low the salary but one thing's for sure, quoting my mum, how government offices give us blood pressure. I'm very privileged at home....being able to drive my dad's nice car. To fill up petrol, all I had to do was swipe my credit card. I didn't even feel that bad when it went up by 30 cents/litre...i'd still step on the gas and go to places I wanted to go with the air conditioning on and the radio blasting soothingly (yeah i'm an old fart like my dad...favourite station is the light and easy channel). I was using my dad's money for everything. And I could feel myself being more willing to spend even more money than how I usually am.
Not depending on my dad and making it on my own financially was very important to me and still is, in a way. If I was smarter, I'd use my dad's money to make more money. But one step at a time....firstly, I've gotta make sure I can still stay legally in this country. I quickly sent in the visa form (called Graduate Skilled Visa which extends my stay by 6 months) by express post this afternoon so hopefully I won't be kicked out after March 15th. Tomorrow it's back to work at Coles - i'm excited to meet my old friends again actually! I'm looking forward to working more, what with my bank a/c depleting at an alarming rate due to rent and otherbills.
And yeah...i'll be looking for a professional job too wherever the wind blows. A few short term goals for the time being.

No comments: