Sunday, January 15, 2006

Back in Malaysia

.....what is it with all these new fly-overs and roads careening through the air?? I can't even recognise my own town anymore! Ching Hwa told me to stop acting like a tourist hahaha.....but I can't help it. We don't even have free calls and smses here =( I didn't really use a mobile phone until 2 years ago, u see, so i'm really an mobile phone idiot. And I have so much junk here, it was nice to go through all my drawers and cupboard and see what i had left behind. Memories of yesteryears.

Oh and you know, I was so impressed with my flight home....there were a number of empty seats. Amazing! I might take an overnight flight from Sydney to Malaysia from now on. But not the other way round coz of all those people coming from Europe. I couldn't believe it after the impressions I got from the travel agent and the person behind the check-in counter. And the in-flight entertainment...wow!! you know, we can watch the movies and tv shows, listen to music and play games anytime we want! and we can even pause, rewind and fast forward!! and the choices of movies and music were just incredible compared to 2 years ago (an according to what i heard, last year as well). So cooool, rite?!? i was up most of the night just glued to the screen in front of me.

And since I've been back, besides acting like a tourist, went up the same day to Genting Highlands with 9 of my Malaysian church friends from Sydney so I haven't yet slept in my own bed. It was a good time being around them....we did a couple of Bible studies together on Philippians, went to the theme park and went on the bumper cars like 6 times i think or possibly more. It was good to catch up with those people who had been back home for 6 months or more and listening to them share about what's been happening in their life. I got to know one of the girls better, Nora as we were in the same room. She's the oldest and married and will be going to join her husband in Taiwan. It was great to hear about her life....when I was in Sydney, I usually talked to her mostly about her casual job at American Express. Isn't it amazing how we pass by so many people or sometimes have nothing to say to some people, but when we actually probe deeper, there is a story to their lives which we never knew and we find out what and how they think?

Anyway, it's great to be back even though I felt myself caving in to some frustration from being at home. It's starting to remind me about how things were before I left home, things that had partially escaped my mind. I hope ..and pray for..patience, self-discipline, godly priorities and genuine care. For now.

I'm a little tired from things..not very.. but i'm sorry if I haven't made many phone calls. They're coming! promise! :)

2 comments:

johnny said...

I'm not sure if anyone is allowed to have that much fun.

Sze Wen said...

fun? soy boy, i hope u are still havings lots of fun turning black at the beach!! :)