I was thinking that I was probably griping too much about work 2 days ago. From the way I wrote, i guess I did sound like I don't like working at Coles, huh? Actually it's been a great experience working at that supermarket for the past year. I will definitely remember 2005 for this! I really enjoy talking to my workmates and joking around with some of them. Some customers can be so rude but some are just lovely. But we can't just be nice to the ones who are nice to us.
"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back." Luke 6:32-35 (NIV Bible)
A couple of months back, I was going through an emotional downtime (nothing to do with work...work doesn't make me that sad!) and as I was cycling to work one day, it hit me how selfish and self-pitiful I was. There I was, so sad over my situation, and I guess expecting people to listen to me, to offer me kind and assuring words, to understand me. But who am I to think that my life is so special? God loves everyone else around me too, even the people who I think are insignificant. What am I doing to display God's love to them? That day, I told myself that I was going to love the people around me at work. It was a quiet afternoon as well and so, I had time to have nice chats with the customers who came to my register. I will always remember these 2 kids whose mum does big shoppings almost at her every visit. I initiated a hello to them, and they responded hesitantly at first, but later on, they talked more. They even remembered me the next time when I served them again and when they saw me shopping at the store. Little kids are just so cute....at one point in time, i felt myself getting all maternal whenever I saw little kids and thinking to myself, I wouldn't mind becoming a kindergarten teacher! I still do sometimes. Must be my age.
I like to smile and be friendly to people but is my motive to be liked? My self-centredness needs to change to become more Christ-centred and I know that God can only change my heart to become more like how he wants me to become if I dwell on his Word and truly seek after Him.
1 comment:
May this christmas is the good wan.... may you enjoy the seasion of joy, giving and sharing.
Cheng Yee back to subang... i manage to call her and talk to her for maybe 5 minutes.
We sounds so strenger... but then i am great to hear her voice... is been years... i really miss her :(
Wanna hug you when u back!! :p
Post a Comment