Thursday, December 15, 2005

January 12th 2006 Destination - HOME!

I just collected my ticket to Kuala Lumpur. My brother, Ching Hwa and I were fighting with some force out there as we were booking the ticket just the day before I went to NTE. Someone out there booked into the day and time that was nearly in my grasp.....so we had to quickly settle for a 10.20pm overnight flight on Malaysian Airlines, before that was taken up too!
I remember when I first left for Sydney 4 years ago, and my Ah Kong (my dad's dad) was there at the airport. I learned something about him that time - how emotional he is! I don't know if I got that emotional side of me from him. He asked me when I was finishing my degree. And I said, " In 4 years, Ah Kong." To which he tearfully said: " you know.... in 4 years, i would be 80 years old". So I had to quickly appease him, " no no...I'll be back at the end of the year!"
I'll be back this time to celebrate his 81st birthday in February. I think he's forgotten about missing me now hahah...but i'm really looking forward to seeing all my grandparents!

1 comment:

daily romantiz lifzzzz said...

hey sze wen... i'm sure your grandpa cant wait to see you ^_^ spend a good time with him ya? and welcome back soon!!