Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Lord's Prayer, every moment of the day

As I was Skyping with one of my very good Singaporean friends from my New college days 2 days ago, I was reminded of our big brother Jeremiah or Jere for short. And I realised that I am now exactly the same age as he was when I first entered college. We all looked up to him and I liked to tease him that he was senile coz he was 6years older than me. And now..look at me, I'm in the same position!! good grief...ahh the good old days when i was the youngest of my asian friends at college but just for awhile.

When I go back to college, I can still remember who used to stay in this room and that room..it's kinda strange that it was really that long ago. And we're all not the same anymore..on our own different journeys through life.

I feel so blessed to have had time spent with dear people for most of the last few days.

M, I had an awesome night with you too Monday - well spent! Thank you :) Luv ya!
J, thank you for our chat on gtalk - it's always interesting talking to you about God stuff. You never stop questioning.
G, you always have such nice words to say about me, which I think i really don't deserve, and i'm so glad we can always talk even though we don't talk for a few months and we're in different countries.

2 of the younger girls in my bible study group who live near me actually came to give me some cookies one of them had baked - so sweet huh! haha..i was so touched they even thought of me. And the cookies were so yummy, I had to control myself not to finish them all in one go! We chatted for awhile outside and then they came in to see my place and chatted a bit more. As the other said, really nice to see them in the middle of the week! :)

M, thank you for today, and thank you always for sharing your life with me.

I felt really different last week. The whole week I was feeling kinda low on something..and seriously for the first time, i think God really impacted me on how much I need to submit to Him and not seek to put my desires first. A lesson on humility again (the usual case when we all feel low, rite?) How I'm really sinful - good gosh, the thoughts and feelings that go through my mind and my heart to crave that desire- and how much I need to "die to my sinful self every day" because it's so easy to gravitate towards that at any point of the day.

Every moment of the day should be the Lord's prayer.

Coz whatever I just said, it's just so easy to forget...

I have been listening to a few of John Piper's sermons online. I know we shouldn't pick and choose the things we listen to according to the preacher...but I really really like listening to his preaching. It's gospel-centred, and clear and sincere and full of passion for God. It was very helpful listening to it last week - so powerful, it convicts my sinful self-centred heart. Do check it out here.

No comments: