Sunday, March 04, 2007

started new work already

New work has been okay. The Asia Pacific manager for our division was in Sydney so after first day of work, our division went lawn bowling and had a little competition. Won the loser's prize - a small trophy of a horse's arse - with my partner. Basically, the top 2 teams played against each other and the bottom 2 teams did likewise (which we were in). Anyway it was pretty fun! Maybe lawn bowling isn't that boring after all as I initially thought hehee.....After that, we just went for dinner, all paid for.
Anyway, I still miss my old workmates. It was like this phase of my life that I will always remember. I miss the familiarity and how I know how certain things are and those different people and how there would sometimes be different cakes or croissants or bread etc in the lunch room that we could take or different yummy foods in the lab thanks to our chef. Many a times, had to control myself haha... I'm so in love with the iced coffee he made for Christine on her birthday and my last day....woww...YUMMM..hhehe
On my last day, after work, went over to one of my workmate's place. I used to go over to her place once a week for awhile last year. Her mum is always so nice, and we helped prepare dinner and then we had dinner with her bro and his friend. And it was so funny how 3 of them started complaining and laughing about each other to us. Mum has to hide the biscuits coz bro is like a biscuit machine and bro gets so angry when he has to clean up the other sister's mess and starts banging things around to show he's angry blah blah blah and all these spanish words start flying around me coz the friend is actually in Australia to study english and mum is better at speaking spanish. After dinner and everything, my friend brought out her guitar to show what she'd been learning at guitar lessons and we ended up singing Christian songs together while she tried to play it. Her mum was sitting opposite knitting these little woollen jumpers for poor African children and also singing along sometimes. I just had such a great time...I think i really made 2 really good friendships at my old job. Her and my other married friend, J whom I stood next to for like 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. But there were other fantastic people too and i'll miss their teasing and talking. Just'll miss them.
Anyways...time to sleep now...brand new week at work tomorrow.
Write more another day...

No comments: